Hey there, I have been SO busy with school BUT I have managed to stay on track (for the most part) with my healthy lifestyle. I wake up bright and early every day at 5am to hit the gym before class!🤣
Here is my Thursday morning workout – Side note I have not been feeling 100% and not getting as much sleep as I need so I decided not to squat and to take it slow for a bit until I am feeling better!😥
- Hack squat 4×15
- Calf raises 4×15
- Glute bridges barbell 5×15
- RDL 3×15
- Kickback machine 4×12
- Hip Adductor machine 5×15
- Hip Abductor machine 4×15
- 35 Minutes on treadmill at 15% incline 3.8 speed.
After my workout, I have been eating overnight oats that I prep every night. I usually add a packet of quick oats (since I have a huge box of them), ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 tsp of flax seed, and fruit of choice! – This week I added mango, which is one of my favorites!🍽️
Here is what I have meal prepped for a few days this week and it might be my new FAVORITE😍
Roasted peppers with tortellini🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Pesto sauce- Store bought or homemade
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 yellow squash, sliced
- 4 cups of spinach
- Minced garlic/ granulated garlic
- 1 red onion, cut into 1″ cubes
- 3 peppers (I had 2 green and 1 yellow left in my fridge)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil/ oil of your choice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place zucchini, squash, red onion, and mini bell peppers on baking sheet. Season witholive oil, granulated garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and put spinach on tray and bake for additional 2-3 mins.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add tortellini and cook according to package directions.
- In a large bowl add cooked tortellini , roasted vegetables, and basil pesto.
It is seriously SO good and I got all the veggies from a local farmers market…SCORE!
I also wanted to share my self-love Sunday post from last week:
Self-love is flexible, compassionate, and understanding. It is the basis for ALL of the love that we share with others. When we love our bodies, minds, and spirits we feel better both mentally and physically. I know that you cannot have a positive life with a negative mind, and you cannot practice self-love if you are constantly degrading/hating yourself in your head! I challenge you to fill your thoughts with POWERFUL and POSITIVE self-talk. Keep the positive thoughts coming, even if you might not fully believe them just yet. There will be a point where these positive thoughts will come almost automatically.
“What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.”- Buddah
That is all for today, I have been crushing my step goal just from walking around campus and doing extra steps!
Mantra- Stay humble. Work hard. Be kind.